Skip to main content

Day 50 & 51: Vision

(Note: I decided to rewrite this 1/1/2015. It was too… busy…)

I’m sick. Don’t worry. It’s temporary.

sick

But I have to share this. Vision is important, and change takes vision.

“Where there is no vision, the people perish”

Proverbs 29:18 

It’s pivotal. Think back on something bad from your life. Something that was difficult. Make sure it was one that has since gone away. I’m sure it left in part because you had an idea of what life would be without it, and that vision made all the difference.

This is why I deliver pizzas. Sometimes it’s hard. But there’s still the vision. Grab your own financial vision. Make the difficult sacrifices to reach it.

“But RI,” you ask, “what is your vision of cars and transit?”

Wow. I am so glad you asked.

I drive a lot. Most drive a lot. Bear with me here (grammar Nazis click the link), but 30,000 people die in cars every year in the United States.

Also, hydrocarbons are a volatile stock. No pun intended.

Tesla

This T-Shirt was a gift from the Oatmeal. They sold them to help build a Tesla museum, as in, N. Tesla, the physicist. I love it for two reasons.

1) Despite the Oatmeal’s irreverent, profane and vulgar treatment of almost any topic, his comics tend to be hilarious and

2) he directly injected the most incredible automotive product in our world into his own life, the Tesla Model S.

My vision is to drive one someday. And not just to drive one. I want to write a check for that sucker.

Here are some stats of my car now versus the Tesla Model S.

image

image

image

I’m still sick, so I’ll leave it at that. It’s better in every way.

This car + wireless charging technology + Solar Freakin’ Roadways = the hopeful future. Find a way to support this technology and we’ll change things. In a good way.

 

ROE INTENSE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 48 & 49: Death and Pizza

A 63 year old Domino’s delivery driver died outside an apartment in Birmingham, AL on Sunday. "My Father was simply trying to earn an honorable dollar. He didn't feel entitled for it, he worked for it, and it makes me sick to my core how someone felt they were entitled to his money (and drivers never carry much, he always deposits it every time he runs back to the store) or his life over what? $20? My dad’s life was ended for $20??? I can't bear it. I just can't believe it," his daughter said on the site. That story stuck out Monday. It was plastered all over a private driver’s group I’m a part of. I saw it on my phone. I even got a message from a friend on Facebook. “Stay safe,” he said. He included a link to the story. “I saw that. Sad,” I said. Those law enforcement officials will do their best to solve that crime. I’m sure of it. The Pizza Delivery Driver’s Forum has opened my eyes to how bad this problem is. (I am affiliated with the forum as a contri

Blowing off the dust.

Wow, been a while. My last post was around Thanksgiving of 2017. We had become - and continue to be - debt free since April of that year. We had just been interviewed by NPR the previous June and had no idea what was going to happen with that. (If you read my account of the interview, remember I was recording for posterity so it might read like a memoir. Good for naps, if you know what I mean.) Anywho, we didn't receive any news from NPR until yesterday. Looks like they will have a Life Kit segment come out in a couple of weeks that will involve our interview. Figured I'd shoot out an update on us and our journey in case new folks come by. First, my first post ever was back in September of 2014. Reading that first entry is a blast from the past. It's hard to believe that was 4 1/2 years ago. I delivered pizzas for two years (plus a few months) to get out of debt. We've been debt free for two years come April. How bananas is that! I started this blog as a recor